Chess Tempo mobileThe Chess Tempo app provides a mobile phone and tablet friendly interface for Chesstempo.com features. Free chess training and online playing features are provided.
The app is free. Premium features are also available for purchase. Currently supported features:
- Chess tactics training
- Improve your tactics by solving tactical problems, with over 100,000 puzzles available.
- Includes both winning and defensive problem types.
- For premium members, solve against sophisticated custom sets that target your weaknesses, for example:
- Sets that target a particular tactical motif such as pin, fork, discovered attack etc.
- Sets that target your previous mistakes, allowing you to repeat problems until correct.
- Spaced repetition learning algorithm sets where problems you keep getting wrong are prioritised over those you are already able to solve.
- Note, custom sets can be used on the app, but need to be first created on the Chesstempo.com website.
- Play online
- Play chess against other Chesstempo users.
- Supports both live and correspondence chess games.
- Get a full post game analysis after every rated game played. Game analysis is spread out over our cluster of hundreds of instances of stockfish, allowing high quality results to be returned in a few seconds.
- For premium members, have tactics problems extracted from your rated games, and available for solving in the tactics training UI, and selected via the advanced custom sets feature.
- Analysis board
- Analyse positions using our cloud engines (requires premium membership). Cloud engines allow you to run high quality analysis without using up your own device's battery. Diamond members can request up to 8 analysis threads, analysing many times more positions per second than an engine running on your device could provide.
- Setup positions from FEN or by arranging the pieces on the board with the board editor.
- Analyse tactics problems after completion to better understand the solution.